2005 Ford Five HundredCRM Mitchell1 2023-03-24T21:58:13+00:00
- Scanned all modules for codes and found code set in the AWD Module. P1889:20 Oil Pump Performance. Performed inspection and found a TSB from Ford It states if this is the only code set and it is, We need to replace the AWD Oil Coupling Pump, and service the rear differential.
- Found passenger side windshield washer nozzle is plugged. Used a fine wire and unblocked nozzle. Then blew out both ways with air. Hooked everything back up and now washer nozzles are working.
- Set tires to 32 psi. Rotated tires front to rear and rear to front. Torqued wheels to 97 ft lbs. Brakes front are at 30%, Rear brakes are at 80%, but the left rear brake caliper is leaking brake fluid. Topped off brake fluid level. Will need rear brake calipers.
- Removed exhaust pipe system and replaced AWD Oil Coupling Pump in the rear differential. Re installed exhaust system. Cleared code, checked for proper operation.
- Serviced rear differential added 4pts 80/90w gear lube to fill. Checked for proper operation.
- Replaced rear brake calipers. Bled brakes. Made sure parking brake works. Torqued wheels to 100 ft lbs. Checked for proper operation.
- Technician performed LOF and 24 pt inspection. Added 6qts of 5w/20 oil to fill. Replaced oil filter with new PH48. Front brakes are 70% and rear brakes are 90%. Brake fluid is 2% moisture. Coolant protection is -60*F. Set tires to 32Psi. Battery tested good, belts look fine. All lights are operable. Topped off washer fluid and reset oil life reminder light.
Gregg G. gave our service a 5 star review on 3/23/2023